Tours & Art Classes
Tours and art classes at the Bowers Museum are designed for grades K-12 and are available all year to accommodate school districts and school-site services with year-round schedules. These experiences provide unique opportunities for students to engage with cultural arts from around the world. Students enjoy an interactive, docent guided or self-guided tour of our permanent and/or changing exhibitions designed to explore critical thinking skills and promote cross-cultural understanding. As a part of their tour, students participate in a hands-on art class inspired by themes in our galleries that they are able to take home with them and share with their families.
/ Current Offerings
We are currently booking school tours for the 2019 - 2020 School Year.
Arthur Beaumont: Art of the Sea
Suggested Grades 4+
Art project: Watercolor Resist
FREE Exhibition Catalogue Per School
Features a stunning array of watercolors capturing the grandeur of the sea and vessels that sail on it.
School Tour and Art Projects
Tours are 2-2.5 hours long
- 1 Hour Private Docent-Led Tour
- 30 Minute Break
- 1 Hour Private Art Project
- $13 per Student/ $15 for Special Exhibitions
- Free Chaperone (Parents/Guardians/Volunteers) per 10 Students
- Teachers/Special Needs Aides Free
- $6 Each Additional Chaperone/$8 for Special Exhibitions
- School Tours start at 9:30 am each morning
- Minimum of 15 Students; 70 Students Maximum Per Visit
- If less than 15 students, $200 minimum payment
Scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis. Please fill out a tour request form to receive your scholarship application.