Tangata Restaurant is Now Open for Outdoor Events and Catering
Though the Bowers is closed for normal operating hours, our award-winning Patina restaurant, Tangata, is ready to serve outdoor events! With new health and safety standards including premiere outdoor dining, Tangata is the perfect place to dine prior to Bowers' outdoor film screenings and lectures. See select event descriptions for hours or visit our Facility Rental page for details on how to host your own micro holiday event!
Dining at Tangata Restaurant
We’re very pleased to announce that we have reopened our kitchen for outdoor dine-in and are excited to welcome you back with our Tangata Market Cafe Menu and spacious outdoor seating available!
New Safety Measures
Our dedicated team at Tangata has been continuing to work tirelessly on implementing enhanced sanitation standards through our “Dine Safe: Commitment to Care” program. It’s key components to make your visit as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible when you return are as follows:
The Dining Room and Guest Experience:
• Guests will be required to wear face coverings at all times except while eating and drinking
• Ensuring current social distancing procedures are upheld via the redesign of table layouts for seating guests
• Hourly disinfecting as needed for all high-touch surfaces Multiple hand-sanitizing stations
• Controlled access to the facility to carefully monitor incoming and outgoing patrons and employees
• Using single-use menus and menu boards to limit contact
Team Member Safety Measures:
• Undergo a health check / temperature check when they report to work
• Sanitize their hands when they report to work
• Wash and sanitize their hands every 20 minutes throughout their shift
• Wear masks while on duty
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Private Micro Events at the Bowers Museum
Although life events were put on hold, that does not mean they were forgotten! Tangata Restaurant at Bowers Museum is more excited than ever to celebrate all that we’ve missed together. Whether it be an engagement, birthday, rehearsal dinner, micro wedding or retirement – we look forward to being a part of your celebrations again!
Click here to complete an inquiry form and we'll be in touch directly to create the perfect event for you, one that's both safe and treasured for years to come!
Tangata (or "mankind" in the tribal Maori language of New Zealand) features modern decor enclosed by glass walls, a ceiling framed with stuccoed beams, and large windows to allow ambient light to illuminate the main dining area. Located in the Bowers Museum's Mission-style courtyard, the restaurant dedicates half of its seating to alfresco dining on two large patio areas. The patios and courtyard are perfect for romantic weddings or evening receptions.