TITLE I Schools - Request grant funds to bring your class to the Bowers!
Tours and art classes at the Bowers Museum and Kidseum provide unique opportunities for students of all levels to engage with cultural arts from around the world.
The Bowers Museum School Partnership Program is being offered to Title I schools as a way to encourage teachers to integrate the arts across the curriculum and as an extension of their classroom.
If you are a Title I school, you are welcome to apply for grant funds to assist with tour admission and art class, and partial transportation reimbursement!
/ Scholarships 2023
To apply for a scholarships please first submit a application with the dates your school would like to visit to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to the Tours Office. Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding. Applications must be received within the corresponding submission window to your tour date. If awarded funding, you will be contacted by Bowers Museum staff to finalize your field trip. If funding is unable to be awarded the school will have the option to cancel their tour date or pay the balance for the tour.
/ Grant Guidelines & Requirements
Criteria for being selected to receive scholarship funds for tours, art classes, and transportation will be based on:
- Qualification as a Title I school (subject to verification).
- Submission of completed School Partnership application within the appropriate corresponding submission dates.
- Completion of requested surveys/evaluation forms by teachers on each visit.
- Following your visit, you may be asked to submit “thank you” letters addressed to the Bowers Museum or funding source (additional information will provided by the Tours Office).
- Each approved school will receive grant funding to cover their tour admission and art classes for up to 70 students. Approved schools will be expected to fund any remaining balance or visits not covered by grant funds, and will receive an invoice prior to their visit date(s), with payment due no more than 30 days after their scheduled visit.
- To receive bus reimbursement, please submit a copy of your transportation invoice along with clearly marked “pay to” information no more than 60 days after your scheduled tour date, and the Bowers will issue a reimbursement check to your designated school or district for up to $250 per bus, per visit.